Technical SEO Manager
We’re looking for a Technical SEO Manager (client-facing role acting as strategist and team lead) to join our award-winning SEO department. Our ideal candidate comes with 4-6 years minimum of demonstrated technical SEO experience contributing to or leading organic search campaigns for clients, preferably in an agency setting.
This is a US-based, remote-optional position, though we would love to meet candidates interested in future flex work schedules near our New York City and Nashville offices!
The Technical SEO Manager will support Amsive Digital's organic search clients, particularly enterprise clients with complex technical challenges including those in the ecommerce and publishing space. We’re looking for a curious problem solver to lead a small team and support our wider department with technical site auditing, website migrations, and helping develop impactful, search-driven technical strategies for our clients. This is a client-facing role responsible for driving the technical SEO strategy, roadmap, and execution, working closely with our Sr. Technical SEO Director and as part of our larger SEO strategy team. The candidate will have at least one direct report to start with the goal of growing and leading a larger dedicated technical SEO team.
You should have a passion for the digital world, a propensity to problem-solve, phenomenal attention to detail, and a boundless desire to learn. Our most successful team members are often both "right-brained" (creative) and "left-brained" (analytical). They are also strong team players, as collaboration and education are very important within our SEO department.
- Develop and own the strategy, roadmap, and day-to-day activities of technical SEO activities for a few accounts
- Lead a handful of weekly or bi-weekly client cadence calls (assisted by dedicated account managers)
- Slowly grow a small team of technical SEO analysts and specialists directly reporting to you
- Conduct comprehensive, prioritized site audits and proactively identify on-page and technical SEO opportunities that drive organic traffic at scale
- Document recommended solutions in a concise, technical manner, working with development teams to advise on implementation
- Ability to develop realistic business cases to convince enterprise SEO clients to prioritize and implement technical SEO requests
- Ability to derive strategic keyword evaluations to drive successful technical initiatives based on attainable organic search opportunities
- Monitor and analyze site performance using a range of SEO and site analytics tools, provide reports in Data Studio, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interpret and explain data discoveries as they relate to organic search, specific SEO initiatives, and client KPIs
- Develop and effectively communicate SEO strategies, deliverables, and results to clients
- Stay up to date on current SEO industry trends and technologies and proactively communicate such trends to clients and the broader SEO department
- Perform competitive analyses to identify organic search opportunities
- QA of technical SEO implementations
- Identify opportunities to improve organic conversion rates
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience contributing to and managing successful SEO campaigns, preferably in an agency setting
- Experience working on larger websites (tens, hundreds of thousands of pages or more)
- Understanding of current SEO best practices, search engine ranking factors, intermediate marketing principles, and a strong grasp on how to help clients meet business goals
- Intermediate understanding of concepts such as URL discovery, crawling, rendering, indexing, and ‘crawl budget’
- Intermediate understanding of CDNs, SPAs, CSR, SSR, hydration, etc. as it relates to SEO
- Understanding of web performance and page speed optimizations
- Inside-out knowledge of Screaming Frog and Google Search Console
- Experience using other SEO tools such as Botify, DeepCrawl, OnCrawl, SiteBulb, BrightEdge, or Conductor Searchlight
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and organization skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects on quick timelines
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and connected APIs for data analysis and reporting
- Log file analysis (optional)
- Python familiarity a plus (curiosity and desire to improve in these areas is also a plus!)
Culture, Benefits + Perks:
- Great company culture. We offer remote opportunities, flexible work schedules, summer Fridays, and unlimited paid vacation time.
- Amazing teammates. We hire exceptional talent based on our core values and collective culture.
- Ability to make an impact. Our SEO team is highly collaborative so all specialists get plenty of visibility from the directors and senior management.
- Competitive salary and great benefits.
- Employer matched 401-K, paid parental leave, education stipends, home office stipends, wellness events, weekly fitness classes, fun social events, mindfulness sessions, and more!
Why Work with Amsive Digital?
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is important to us)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on-your-toes thinking
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful
- You want to work for a company that values diversity, equity and inclusion
About Amsive Digital
Amsive Digital is a leading digital + search marketing agency providing results-oriented solutions for national, regional & local business clients in the health, publishing, ecommerce, finance, SaaS, B2B industries and more.
We’re a great place to work! We were named one of Advertising Age’s Best Places to Work from 2016-2021, and a top-ranking Crain’s Best Place to Work in NYC for five years running.
We also deliver great work. Case in point: we’ve taken home multiple industry awards for our SEO work in recent years, most recently the Best Use of Search in Health at the 2021 US Search Awards. Our SEO team was also awarded Conductor’s Best in Class Agency in 2021.
Interested? Apply to join our team today!
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Amsive or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (331) 318-7800.
Amsive Digital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees. It is Amsive Digital’s continuing policy to provide equal employment opportunity and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including (but not limited to) application for employment, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers, training, layoffs, rehires, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Company's equal employment opportunity policy, Amsive Digital will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.